Friday, September 7, 2018
11:30 am – 2:30 pm
423 King Shaw Hall (ILR Conference Center)
If your department plans to conduct a search this year, representation from the search committees is critical (unless committee members have already attended this workshop in the past). Any faculty member who might participate in the search process is also highly encouraged to attend the workshop. Even if no immediate searches are anticipated in your department, the workshop will prove very helpful for chairs and faculty for future searches.
The workshop includes:
- A filmed scenario of a faculty search committee meeting in progress, reviewing potential candidates for on-campus interviews
- A conversation with the search committee chair
- A facilitated discussion about participants’ reactions to the scenario
- A short presentation on the body of social science research that underlies the dynamics of the conversation presented in the scenario, and
- A list of tools and strategies for conducting an effective search
Attendance at this event is by invitation only. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your interest in attending our events.